Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving at the farm.

Thanksgiving here at Bachar Farms, was filled with much hustle and bustle.  My mommy and I cooked all day long while my I-pod cranked out my eclectic collection of tunes, from John Denver to Julio Iglesias! Ahhh the sounds of family traditions filling the kitchen with much love. 
My brother drove up from the Jersey Shore to spend two nights with us, he did a fine job keeping the little ones, Emma and Abigale very entertained! And Georgie did a fine job keep the fires burning all through the day and night.
Each dish was prepared to perfection (and if it was shy of perfection...no one dared to tell me hee hee).  Even though I tried to duplicate my mother in laws ritz cracker stuffing that my dear husband longed for...I'm sure it wasn't quite the same as hers.  Alas, nothing every tastes like mommy's cooking but he always appreciates my attempts and loves me all the more for trying. (big cheesy grin)!  My mommy made her classic Cuban dish of black beans and rice that added a nice touch to the traditional Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole and gravy.
I made two pies, pumpkin and a Nantucket cherry pie for desert.  A new recipe for homemade bread fixed on the stove top with no kneading added a yummy bunch of fresh dinner rolls to the festive spread

Let me know if anyone would like me to post one of the recipe's, I'd be glad to share. ;)


We were and are all thankful for all the many blessings in our lives.  Grateful for the abundance of love, health, food and faith!  Thanksgiving was pretty low key yet excitement filled our country kitchen with the many simmering aromas of family and love!


God Bless You ALL,
The Bachar's

No comments:

Post a Comment