Monday, February 14, 2011

St. Valentine's Day

I couldn't resist one more post before I put myself to bed.  My first thoughts were to make a special dinner and dessert for my dearest. The day had other plans.  Our oldest Emma woke up and seemed fine as she worked on finishing her classmates Valentine cards but then suddenly she seemed to wobble a bit.  A touch of the forehead confirmed the fever.  Hmmmph...poor little piglet.  She crawled back into her flannels and back into bed.  Next was the three year old Abigale.  Ooh she's a tough one.  Runny nose and whiny.  Needed me glued to her side.  Not once but a billion times I took the trek upstairs to check on Emma and of course she always thought of one more thing just as I was already at the bottom of the stairs. Who needs a gym!
Ok, so by now I know I am home bound and will have to get creative with dinner! I look at the clock and shriek, it was already half past 2 and I hadn't even begun.

Well, as it all turned out I made a red sauce with meatballs over gnocchi.  Small tossed salad and a yummy white cake with homemade frosting.  I took all the leftover hearts Em had cut out and sprinkled them over the table along with a few rose petals.  Used the nice china, oh and for the final touch...found our wedding cake topper and placed smack on top of my little cake! It screamed romance...and I prayed Georgie thought so too!
This was the scene I set:


Emmies little hearts....

Then just as dinner was ending I realize I survived my crazy day without passing out or having a hissy fit because I didn't have on hand what I needed or should say wanted to have for dinner. What I DID have was a nice meal for my wonderful husband and family.  We had a yummy desert made with love and silliness. And I had them all with me...all around me.  What I though couldn't get any better did.
My sweetie left the dinning room for a minute and like a jolly o'l elf came back with trinkets for the girls and Nana (my mommy).  They all beamed.  I beamed.  Then, just like in a movie he slips me a little black velvet box and whispers "happy Valentine's day".  Inside was a shiny new Miraculous Medal that he knew I'd been wanting.  I was allergic to the one I had been wearing and had been heartbroken since I couldn't wear it any longer.  He is so thoughtful (and handsome too).  I think I am just going to have to keep him.
Here are the girls with their little trinkets from their daddy.

Emma 
and Abby

Good night all.  I have a little cuddling to do.
Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment