Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Guard Llamas Anyone?

Good morning! After a torrential downpour last night, the morning greeted us with an almost (almost) warm breeze. The is coming up and a light mist is rising gently. I plopped my old chair right in the pasture with my coffee in hand and sat to watch the sheep. If anyone would have told me this is what I would have longed for twenty years ago, I would have giggled and put another coin in the jukebox and taken another sip of my frozen margarita!! Wow, one does grow up and if lucky learn to appreciate the much simpler life.
Ok, but now back to the topic at hand. We are considering a guard animal for our flock. There haven't been many coyote or dog attacks in our area but it would bring me much comfort as sleep at night. Dogs are always an option but have heard of llamas being great deterrents and fiber would be a nice plus.
Wondered if any of you have any experience with llamas as such. Also wondering if anyone knows of breeders in the Central NY area?

Would love to hear your points if view!

Mama and Babes are doing great! Still waiting on good ol' Eliza Jane to give us the last of the new lambs.

Have a wonderful day.
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment